Panasonic has launched a brand new Micro 4 Thirds flagship digital camera, the Panasonic Lumix G9II. It’s able to recording 25MP nonetheless pictures at as much as 75 frames per second, and 5.7K video at 60fps. It turns into the agency’s first Micro 4 Thirds mannequin to boast part detection autofocus, whereas additionally together with topic recognition for human, animals, and automobiles/bikes.
Panasonic Lumix G9II at a look:
- £1699 body-only
- £1899 with Lumix G 12-60mm F3.5-5.6 OIS lens
- £2249 with Leica DG 12-60mm F2.8-4 OIS lens
- 25.2MP 4 Thirds sensor
- ISO 100-25,600 (normal)
- As much as 75 fps taking pictures
- 3.68m-dot, 0.8x OLED viewfinder
- 3in, 1.84m-dot vari-angle LCD
- 5.7K 60p and 4K 120p video
- 5-axis in-body picture stabilisation, 8-stops
- Twin SD card slots
- Delivery November 2023
In design phrases, the G9II makes use of basically the identical physique because the full-frame Lumix S5II, with only a few element modifications. It has a further operate button on the entrance, however no built-in cooling fan. In comparison with the unique G9 it has nearly all the identical controls, though not in precisely the identical locations. However there’s no top-plate standing display.
You may learn all concerning the new Panasonic Lumix G9II in our hands-on first look evaluate:
New Panasonic DMW-DG1 battery grip for G9II and S5II
Panasonic has additionally revealed a brand new DMW-DG1 battery grip, which inserts the G9II, S5II and S5IIX. This supplies a reproduction set of controls for portrait-format taking pictures, together with entrance and rear dials; ISO, white steadiness, and publicity compensation buttons; AF-ON and Fn buttons; and an 8-way AF joystick.
It additionally holds a second battery for prolonged taking pictures durations. The Panasonic DMW-DG1 battery grip will value £309.
Comply with AP on Fb, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
The LUMIX G9II
“Seize the Decisive Second”
- New Sensor and New Engine Boasting Excellent Photographic Efficiency
- PDAF expertise applied in LUMIX G Collection for the First Time
- Flagship Micro 4 Thirds Mannequin for Nonetheless Photos with Improved Excessive-Velocity Efficiency and Ergonomics
London, UK, 12th September 2023 – Panasonic is proud to announce the launch of the LUMIX G9II digital mirrorless digital camera, geared up with a brand new sensor and Section Detection Auto-Focus (PDAF) expertise. The LUMIX G9II is the primary digital camera within the Micro 4 Thirds LUMIX G Collection to characteristic PDAF expertise.
According to the rising want to supply extremely artistic paintings and images utilizing numerous strategies, this new mannequin creates high-resolution, high-quality pictures and wealthy colours straight out of digital camera. Moreover, with a brand new auto-focus expertise that mixes Panasonic’s collected experience in recognition expertise with PDAF, and a high-speed burst taking pictures mode that ensures decisive moments are at all times captured, this new mannequin boasts considerably improved energy and high-speed efficiency. The digital camera helps photographers from varied fields utilizing a system that may be mixed with the compact and light-weight LUMIX G Micro 4 Thirds lenses for final flexibility.
The brand new 25.2-megapixel Dwell MOS Sensor and new engine produce high-resolution pictures in excellent high quality with wealthy shade tones, whereas the hybrid PDAF expertise allows correct auto-focus and high-speed monitoring of fast-moving topics. Furthermore, burst taking pictures at 60 fps in AFC mode and SH pre-burst recording*1 that begins earlier than the shutter is launched ensures that the decisive second is at all times captured, even with dynamically transferring topics.
LUMIX’s common picture stabilization system is additional improved, combining 8-stop*2 B.I.S. (Physique Picture Stabilizer), 7.5-stop*3 5-axis Twin I.S. 2, and superior Energetic I.S. for unimaginable video picture stabilization. Collectively, these features present even larger assist for handheld taking pictures of dynamic scenes that might beforehand have been tough to seize. As well as, creators can get pleasure from enhanced monochrome photograph types with new LEICA Monochrome and REAL TIME LUT for most well-liked shade settings. Via this next-generation digital mirrorless digital camera, Panasonic intends to reply to the wants of creators who’re pursuing strategies of artistic expression that transcend the boundaries of images and videography.
The LUMIX G9II can be obtainable in November 2023 from RRP £1,699.
- Geared up with a brand new sensor, new engine, and the primary PDAF implementation in LUMIX G Collection for excellent photographic efficiency and high-speed response
- New 25.2-megapixel Dwell MOS Sensor for prime decision and high-speed response (13+ cease*4 V-Log/V-Gamut, Dynamic Vary Enhance*5)
- New engine that achieves pure, three-dimensional textured pictures and ensures high-speed processing of excessive bitrate video
- Use of recent AI-powered recognition expertise (developed utilizing deep studying expertise) for real-time auto-focus recognition that now acknowledges automobiles, bikes, and animal eyes for improved precision in topic recognition
- Superior high-speed efficiency to make sure decisive moments is at all times captured
- Burst taking pictures at 60 fps in AFC mode and strengthened buffer reminiscence for steady burst taking pictures over three seconds for guaranteeing the seize of focused moments
- SH pre-burst recording*1 that may start taking pictures as much as 1.5 seconds earlier than the shutter is launched and take roughly 113 consecutive photographs
- Strong picture stabilization system with 8-stop*2 I.S. (Physique Picture Stabilizer), 7.5-stop*3 5-axis Twin I.S. 2, with perspective distortion correction for video, and excessive mode for superior Energetic I.S.
- Extremely-mobile digital camera system mixed with the compact, light-weight, and numerous vary of LUMIX G Collection lenses
- New modes increase the probabilities of artistic images
- REAL TIME LUT operate enabling customized shade expression via use of LUT recordsdata
- Enhanced monochrome mode with newly added LEICA Monochrome for deep black-white contrasts
- Hand-held 100-megapixel Excessive Decision mode and Dwell View Composite mode to increase the vary of photographic choices
- A launching level for video creation
- 4:2:0 10-bit 5.8K (4:3) full sensor recording/ 5.7K (17:9) allows versatile framing choices for varied social media codecs
- 4:2:0 10 bit C4K/4K 120p/100p allows sluggish movement movies
- Apple ProRes*6 video, which delivers excessive picture high quality at low compression, lowering the load on the pc throughout post-production and permits non-linear modifying with out transcoding, streamlining your workflow from begin to end.
- Recording and playback are supported utilizing an exterior SSD by way of USB
- Energetic I.S. Know-how corrects shake when taking pictures on the transfer
*1 When the ambient temperature is excessive or Pre-Burst recording is carried out repeatedly, even should you press the shutter button midway, Pre-Burst might not function to guard the digital camera from overheating. Wait till the digital camera cools down.
*2 Primarily based on the CIPA normal [Yaw/Pitch course: focusing distance f=60mm (35mm movie digital camera equal f=120mm), when H-ES12060 is used.
*3 Primarily based on the CIPA normal [Yaw/Pitch course: focusing distance f=140mm (35mm movie digital camera equal f=280mm), when H-FSA14140 is used.
*4 When taking pictures video at a setting of over 60 fps (together with sluggish and fast mode), the luminance vary supplies 12+ stops.
*5 The dynamic vary enhance won’t operate when taking pictures video at a setting of over 60 fps (together with sluggish and fast mode), when utilizing the SH burst operate for nonetheless pictures, and when combining sluggish shutter speeds of greater than 1/15 seconds with ISO.
*6 Apple and ProRes are emblems or registered emblems of Apple Inc. in america and/or different nations.- Please see the web site for video efficiency data, particulars, and specs of the LUMIX G9II.