Panasonic has formally launched the Panasonic Lumix S5IIX, a extra video-specialist model of the Lumix S5II that went on sale earlier this yr. Externally, the 2 cameras use the identical physique design, however the S5IIX has an all-black end with no seen branding. Likewise, there’s no white labelling on any of the controls, with the highest dials being engraved, and the buttons subtly marked in gray. The rationale behind that is to make the digital camera as discreet as doable when filming.
In comparison with the S5II, the brand new mannequin has near-identical specs, notably for stills taking pictures. Nonetheless, it presents higher-quality video recording in numerous methods, together with assist for each BlackMagic and ProRes uncooked.
Firstly, sluggish and fast recording is in 4:2:2 10-bit color, slightly than 4:2:0 on the S5II (with each fashions providing 4K as much as 60fps, or FullHD as much as 180fps). Secondly, the S5IIX is able to All-I recording at 400Mbps, 600Mbps or 800Mbps in C4K, 4K or 3.3K resolutions, and 200Mbps in Full HD, with the quickest bit-rate requiring a USB-C SSD. It presents each Blackmagic Uncooked (BRAW) output, and ProRes RAW output in 5.8K, C4K or 4K to an SSD.
The digital camera additionally helps each wired and wi-fi stay streaming, together with tethering to a smartphone by way of USB.
The Panasonic Lumix S5IIX might be accessible in Could 2023 for $2,199 / £2,299 body-only.
Lumix S5II firmware model 2.0 coming
Panasonic has additionally revealed a significant firmware replace for the S5II, with model 2.0 as a result of be launched on June 13, 2023. The digital camera will acquire the agency’s Reside View Composite mode, which permits customers to seize lengthy publicity stills within the daytime, with out the necessity for ND filters. It’ll additionally allow each Blackmagic and ProRes uncooked knowledge output over HDMI.
Lumix lens worth drops in Europe
Final however not at all least, Panasonic has additionally unveiled vital worth cuts for a number of of its hottest Lumix S full-frame lenses in Europe. Particularly, the Lumix S Professional 24-70mm F2.8 drops from £2,199 to £1,799, whereas the Lumix S Professional 70-200mm F2.8 OIS reduces in worth from £2,599 to £2,099. It’s not simply the top-end lenses, both, with the Lumix S 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 Macro OIS all the way down to £899 from £1,259.
Panasonic Lumix S5IIX: Full specs
- Sensor: 24.2MP full-frame (35.6 x 23.8mm)
- Output measurement: 6000 x 4000
- Focal size magazine: 1x
- Lens mount: L-mount
- Shutter speeds: 60sec – 1/8000sec
- Sensitivity: ISO 100-51,200 (customary), 50-204,800 (prolonged)
- Publicity modes: PASM, Auto, Film, S&Q, 3x Customized
- Metering: Multi, centre-weighted, spotlight, spot
- Publicity comp: +/-5 EV in 0.3EV steps
- Steady taking pictures: 30fps (digital), 9fps (AFS), 7fps (AFC)
- Display: 3in, 1.84m-dot varia-angle LCD
- Viewfinder: 3.68m-dot, 0.78x OLED EVF
- AF factors: 779-point section hybrid AF
- Video: 6K as much as 30fps, 4K as much as 60 fps
- Exterior mic: 3.5mm stereo
- Reminiscence card: 2x UHS-II SD
- Energy: DMW-BLK22 Li-ion
- Battery life: 370; 1250 in energy save
- Dimensions: 134.3 x 102.3 x 90.1 mm
- Weight: 740g
Observe AP on Fb, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.